AccessEd delivers programmes for you, including:
Get in contact here to have a conversation about your country and university.Contact
Equal access to higher education remains an issue for pupils worldwide. AccessEd was founded to equip partners globally to deliver university access programmes in their country.
Based on an independently evaluated model developed by The Brilliant Club in the UK, the programme blueprint harnesses the passion and expertise of postgraduate students at local universities around the world.
• Postgraduate students are recruited and trained to becomes tutors to disadvantaged young people.
• Postgraduate students write a coursebook: they use their authentic research to engage, stimulate and encourage pupil academic development.
• Tutorial structure delivered in schools, community centres or prisons, where tutors encourage university-style learning.
• Launch and graduation events, and enrichment workshops, providing a holistic and celebratory experience for pupils.
• Not just subject knowledge: instils the learning skills, confidence, motivation and resilience of pupils that boost exam attainment, including critical thinking and independent study.
• Uses effective targeting criteria to reach students in communities which need it the most.
• Robust impact evaluation.
• Helps local universities maximise their internal expertise and resources whilst directly addressing the goal of widening participation.
• Post-graduate researchers are uniquely placed as experts in their field to support academic development of young learners.