Read about the Scholars Programme in different countries globally. We partner with education entrepreneurs, local NGOs and philanthropists to tailor the programme to local education contexts and schooling systems.
You can read about the programme 'Blueprint' below.
Based on an independently evaluated model developed by The Brilliant Club in the UK, the programme blueprint harnesses the passion and expertise of postgraduate students at local universities around the world.
• Postgraduate students are recruited and trained to becomes tutors and mentors to disadvantaged young people.
• Postgraduate students write a coursebook: they use their authentic research as a course to engage, stimulate and encourage the academic development of young people.
• Tutorial structure delivered in schools, community centres or prisons, where tutors encourage university-style learning.
• Launch and graduation events, and enrichment workshops, providing a holistic and celebratory experience for pupils.
• Not just subject knowledge: instils the learning skills, confidence, motivation and resilience of pupils that boost exam attainment, including critical thinking and independent study.
• Uses effective targeting criteria to reach students in communities which need it the most.
• Robust impact evaluation .
• Helps local universities maximise their internal expertise and resources whilst directly addressing the goal of widening participation.
• Post-graduate researchers are uniquely placed as experts in their field with a strong academic background to support the development of young learners.
There are variety of ways that you can get involved with AccessEd.
Whether you're an NGO, corporate, university, PhD researcher or entrepreneur looking to set up your own country programme, click below to find out more.